I am back today with another chocolate-themed beauty treatment!
Why It Works:
- Cocoa Powder: This contains magnesium, which helps combat hair loss. It adds shine and volume to the hair all while helping it grow.
- Honey: This is vital to many home beauty treatments. Honey is a natural moisturizer that helps nourish the hair.
- Biotin: This is a great vitamin not only to ingest, but apply topically. Biotin will help the hair by strengthening each strand.
- Olive Oil: This ingredient is also a natural moisturizer. It also helps mend your broken strands back together.
Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil
- 100% Cocoa Powder
- Biotin Capsules
What To Do:
1. Add five tablespoons of cocoa powder to your bowl.
2. Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to your cocoa powder.
3. Next, take your scissors and very carefully snip the tips off of four biotin capsules (one at a time) and squeeze the liquid from each into your bowl.
4. Now add honey to the other ingredients and mix well. Add enough honey that it makes the mixture thick, but still runny. If you accidentally make it too thick, just add more olive oil.
5. Now it’s time to apply! I recommend putting on an old t-shirt or a dark shirt. Section your hair off however you see fit, and saturate your hair with the mask. Do this over a sink for it gets very messy! Start with the ends and work your way up to the scalp.
6. When your hair is completely covered, pin your hair up to get it out of the way. Don’t use a pony-tail holder or it will get stuck.
7. *Optional* Wrap your hair with cellophane to let the mixture soak in.
8. Let the mask sit on your hair for 1-2 hours. ***Caution: People with light/bleached hair: Letting sit for too long may cause a dark tinge to your hair after washing
9. After time has passed, shampoo and condition normally, and enjoy your stronger hair!
I recommend doing this mask 1-2 times a week depending on how damaged your hair is. This recipe can also be altered depending on the length or thickness of your hair.
If you try this out let me know and tell me how you liked it! I love hearing from you guys!
Stay classy… And sassy